Our Strength is in Giving
The strength and sustainability of our community is buoyed by the health, safety and resilience of the people and organizations within our circle of influence. Often, there are circumstances where life creates more obstacles for others.
With the participation and support of the membership, it will be the goal of WISC to identify the needs that would be best served through either volunteering and/or fundraising.
On an annual basis, we will request from the members, organizations that WISC could advocate for. We will ask the membership to vote on which cause that the collective is willing and committed to champion; either through contributions of time and/or money.
Not dissimilar to the value WISC membership offers for personal and professional growth, charity offers the membership to give those in our community a lift, the comfort to know that others care.
Charities Need Support
- Breast Cancer Supportive
- Care Foundation
- Wellspring Calgary
- Kids Cancer Care Foundation
- The Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter
- Women in Need Society (WINS)
- Calgary Food Bank
- Calgary Homeless Foundation
- Immigrant Services Calgary
- YWCA Calgary
- Alzheimer Society of Calgary
- Hospice Calgary: Sage Centre and Rosedale Hospice
- The Elizabeth Fry Society of Calgary
- Calgary Seniors’ Resource Society (Calgary Seniors)
- Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK)
- Distress Centre Calgary (DCC)
- Dress for Success Calgary
- The Children’s Cottage Society of Calgary
- Habitat for Humanity Calgary
- Fresh Start Recovery Centre
- Calgary Alpha House Society
Success is gained through the connections, collaboration, support and expertise of a strong network. Community and Leadership are discovered and nurtured when diversity and depth of membership is encouraged.