Heather has just recently returned to Alberta. She began her career with Sysco Edmonton as a Marketing Associate in 1999. The results she produced earned her promotions and increased responsibilities. From District Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Senior Director of Independent Sales, VP of Sales – West Division, Executive Vice President – Sysco Toronto to the role she held just prior to her current role, President at Sysco Tannis, a newly acquired and rebranded broadline foodservice distributor in Ottawa.
Heather has recognized, both personally and as a leader, that leadership must stay diligent in identifying talent, even when the individual cannot see the same. Heather returns to Alberta during what has been one of the most impactful times for Sysco. Join us to learn how she has managed, what she has and is learning, and where she sees the future for Sysco Alberta. She will share:
- Initial impact of COVID-19 on Sysco
- What Sysco did to support their people
- How Sysco pivoted their business
- How this experience opened her eyes to the potential of being flexible, nimble, and adaptable
- How we can leverage our learnings to support our diversity and inclusion goals